Latest Industry Jobs
Competitive plus benefits
Technical Operations Centre Engineer
This is an office-based role which provides remote technical support on all Sound & Projection equipment for cinema and engineering teams, ensuring minimum show loss and ensuring content is programmed for seamless, quality presentation of cinema theatrical content.
Ensure all on-screen content is compiled and programmed through Theatre Management Software.
To support all cinema S&P incidents to minimise interruptions and create speedy remedies to minimise show loss utilising remote connections
To ensure assets are updated when equipment is changed.
Effectively communicate with cinemas and engineering teams on faults and solutions.
Provide pro active support to cinemas and engineering teams where required.
Knowledge of Rosetta Bridge TMS preferred
Sound & Projection knowledge plus an understanding of S&P Engineer tasks preferred
Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (written, oral & presentation) using colleague-friendly language
Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure
Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organised
Able to handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
Proven planning and organising skills being able to manage, prioritise and coordinate effectively
Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work, working outside of core office hours as required
Enthusiastic and energetic - A self-starter able to create and maintain effective level of output & support
Language skills in Italian or German would be desirable but not essential
New York, New York
Base Range $85,000- $95,000
Design and Integration Engineer
Digital Media Systems
For over 40 years, Digital Media Systems, Inc. specializes in the installation & service of digital cinema projection, immersive audio systems, & other A/V streaming & post-production platforms.
DMS is a nationwide provider of technology-based products within the Cinema, Production/Post Production Industry. We are the primary service provider for Theatre chains, Major streaming giants, universities, Academies, Festivals, etc.. nationwide. We are headquartered in the NYC Metro serving clients locally & nationally.
The Design and Integration Engineer will be responsible for project design, development, management, & final completion of all AV, Digital Cinema, Production, & Post Production projects. The position will be vital in establishing the company vision, strategies, & plans for growth in the areas above.
Functional design of AV systems, including but not limited to Digital Cinema.
Project management of Audio Visual, Digital Cinema, Production, & Post Production projects as assigned.
Propose, develop & promote the company’s production post-production services, including DCP mastering, editing, duplication, & mass production. Develop technology systems for, & manage overall services of, in-house editing suites(s), post-production review rooms, & motion picture screening rooms.
Development of detailed equipment lists, customer estimates, & detailed proposals for other company needs.
Communicate directly with equipment manufacturers & suppliers.
Lead strategy development, prioritization of opportunities, & account engagements to maximize the impact of overall company technical efforts.
Develop & maintain key client plans & profiles.
Identify opportunities to build greater visibility & awareness of DMS’s audio & video service solutions with content creators, post-production community, major distributors, emerging new media companies, & external partners.
Identify & contribute to strategic sales, marketing, & business development efforts representing media technologies & services.
Submit department income & expense budgets, review & control costs each year.
Review all department-specific invoicing for final billing.
Represent DMS at key industry events to uncover new opportunities & to continually enhance its position & relevance in the marketplace.
Learn more about the position & apply on LinkedIn:
or email resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
Health Insurance, PTO, 401k
Mount Vernon NY
Image and Audio Field Service Engineer, Cinema
Digital Media Sytems
Entry-level & Experienced Engineer positions available***
• Mixed shifts of Day and Night
• US work authorization
For over 40 years, Digital Media Systems, Inc. specializes in the installation & service of digital cinema projection, immersive audio systems & other A/V streaming & post-production platforms. Our company offers a unique opportunity for field technicians to work in a fast-paced, agile environment with cutting-edge technologies to support our growing network of customers. We are currently seeking a driven, tech-savvy individual to join our field service team.
DMS is a nationwide provider of technology-based products within the Cinema, Production/Post Production Industry. We are the primary service provider for Theatre chains, Major streaming giants, universities, Academies, Festivals etc.. nationwide. We are headquartered in the NYC Metro serving clients locally & nationally. We are revolutionizing the future of digital media & digital cinema products. Apply to be part of our team.
• Performs design / integration / calibration of cinema projection equipment, sound systems, servers, networks, & electronics, etc.
• Assist with technical specifications & on-site support for installations or special screenings & events
• Assist with client & Office employees questions as needed
• Act as a dedicated member of the operations team by working as a team player, according to his supervisor's guidelines & his other fellow drivers' needs.
• Arrive on time for every show. It is the employees' responsibility to calculate the driving time & the expected traffic obstacles.
• Produce technical reports as required or requested
• Provides demand service for customers; determines & executes a support plan.
• Examines equipment & assemblies for defects and replaces defective components. Repairs equipment & performs field testing. Resolves firmware & software issues
• Directs investigation of customer concerns regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, & delivered condition of products
• Records, analyzes, & inform appropriate personnel of production quality, & sales departments of status and disposition of customer complaints & claim
• Installs electronic or digital equipment and tests
read more at :
Please submit Resume, Cover letter, and if you have a LinkedIn to Denise.Diaz@dmediainc.com
Competitive , Benefits
Senior Technical Field Engineer
Digital Media Systems
Digital Media Systems is a leading presentation technology and support provider to the cinema industry. We are looking for skilled field engineers to bring their talents to our organization. Electromechanical, IT or technical post production background is well suited core skill sets for this position. If you have experience, we welcome your inquiry. If you have core skills sets and a desire to learn, we would like to hear from you. Based in New York, Digital Media Systems supports the event presentation needs for almost all motion picture studio / streaming content providers. As an integrator, Digital Media Systems designs and installs specialty cinemas focused on the highest level of presentation quality. You will collaborate with the top talent from studio post production and publicity, as well as the highest level of manufacturer support and applications.
• Performs maintenance on cinema projection equipment, sound systems, servers, and power supplies, etc.
• Operation of D-Cinema and 35mm motion picture projection equipment to facilitate exhibition
• Assist Project Managers with technical specifications for shows
• Act as a dedicated member of the operations team by working as a team player, according to his supervisor's guidelines and his other fellow drivers' needs.
• Arrive on time to every show. .
• Produce technical reports as required or requested
• Assist in the setup of projection screens on site, for both front and rear screen presentations.
• Examines equipment and assemblies for defects and replaces defective components. Repairs equipment and performs field testing. Resolves firmware and software issues
• Directs investigation of customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products
• Records, analyzes, and inform appropriate personnel of production quality, and sales departments of status and disposition of customer complaints and claims utilizing written and electronic reporting
• Installs electronic or digital equipment & tests
We have 2 offices located in Midtown and Westchester County. To apply, please visit the link below or email your resume to Denise.Diaz@dmediainc.com
Full job description:
£11-£12.30p/h dependent on experience (up to 36 hours a week) - equivalent to £23-25k per year pro rata
Head Projectionist and Site Manager
The Ultimate Picture Palace
We are seeking a dedicated and organised Head Projectionist and Site Manager to coordinate the smooth running of the cinema projection room, including preparation of digital projection, and premises. You will work closely with the Executive Director to maintain health and safety standards, and duty manage on regular shifts.
The Head Projectionist and Site Manager is responsible for
- Coordinating the smooth daily running of all cinema operations and visitor services
- Securing delivery of films and organise weekly ingesting/uploading, previewing and screening
- Managing bar including ordering stock, displaying products and stock checks
- Coordinating the annual building maintenance checks, including PA and AV equipment
Most of our films are now projected digitally, but we also use a 35mm projector for some classic screenings.
The post holder will also duty manage on regular weekly shifts in which they will project the film, sell tickets at the box office, supervise volunteer staff and provide the highest level of customer care and service for our audiences.
ABOUT THE UPP
The Ultimate Picture Palace is Oxford’s oldest and only independent cinema. We are a small one screen cinema situated in the heart of East Oxford. Our iconic cinema has been treasured by generations of Oxford residents, students and tourists. We are proud to have a loyal audience that loves the films we chose as part of our programme and the warm welcome of our small team of staff and volunteers. We prioritise screening independent films from the UK and around the world, well-known and off-beat classic films, as well as themed special events with guest speakers.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
If you are interested in applying for this position you will find the full job description, extra information and application form on our website: http://www.uppcinema.com/news/article/job-vacancy-head-projectionist-site-manager
Please DO NOT include your CV as it will not be considered. Please put all relevant information on your application form.
The closing date for all applicants is: 5pm on Sunday 4th July 2021.
We will contact all long-listed candidates by: 5pm on Monday 5th July 2021.
We will then hold interviews on Wednesday 7th July 2021. The start date for the role will be week commencing 9th August 2021.
All interviews will be on Zoom.
Cape Town, South Africa
You will join our dynamic Vista Africa team based in the Waterfront, Cape Town where you will
get involved in programming, installation and configuration of software, business analysis,
problem solving customer liaison, training and international travel.
The role is fast paced and exciting. You will be working within a small team and dealing with
senior stakeholders at major cinema chains across Africa.
Installation and Training of Vista Software
• Installation and configuration of the Vista system on sites within Africa
• Training cinema, head office and IT staff
• Windows / network / hardware configuration
• Software problem solving
• Using SQL statements to assist
• Interpreting error logs
• Recording support calls into our issue tracking system
• Adjusting conversation for all levels of users
• Carrying a mobile phone to answer urgent after hours support calls on a roster basis
• Testing software prior to live.
• Assist in documenting practices.
You will need
• A University degree in an IT / Computer / Engineering related field (with excellent grades)
• Relevant, demonstrable experience in the industry.
• Experience with databases and SQL queries
• Knowledge of software development concepts
• Some technical experience with advanced aspects of windows – DHCP, DNS, IIS, AD, network
If you are a fast learner with excellent problem solving ability and a can-do attitude, you will excel
in this position. You will need fantastic communication skills and the drive and motivation to
deliver first-rate service to our customers. Your attention to detail and initiative as well as your
ability to work on several tasks simultaneously, whilst meeting deadlines, will be your key to
success in this role.
You will have the right to live and work in South Africa and will hold a current passport, or be able
to obtain a passport when necessary for overseas travel.
Part Time Tier 1 Technician
We are looking for an intelligent, computer savvy, people person to join our fun and friendly team. The position may require occasional night and weekend support. The main responsibilities for this position are to handle all internal processing of our products including testing, maintenance, repair and production of the company products.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, have great communication skills, 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting computer software and hardware, 3-5 years experience in a customer service role and has a can-do attitude.
**position may increase to full-time hours in the future.
- Follow detailed hardware and software testing procedures for quality assurance.
- Perform manufacturing production of our products.
- Testing and repair of Intel/Linux-based servers and related hardware.
- Visit customer sites for training, periodic upgrades and maintenance.
- Assist the Logistics department with preparing shipments, some heavy lifting required.
- Help create and maintain inventories.
- Assist with processing incoming parts orders from customers and satellite offices.
- Provide general assistance to the Tech and Logistics departments as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately communicate technical information.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Fast learner with a keen aptitude for technology
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Some Linux is a plus
The main objective of the Engineering QA is to ensure that Vista software has a high level of quality,
via both manual testing and continuous involvement in (and improvement to) the teams Agile
We are extremely interested in candidates who demonstrate excitement for leadership and Scrum
Mastery. Though this role will not initially require those skills, you will be given strong opportunities
to grow in these areas.
You will play a key part in the development of a global cloud AI product which predicts the demand
of upcoming movie blockbusters and decides the daily movie schedule of major cinemas around the
world. You will actively contribute to building Machine Learning models and a data culture together
with our data scientists.
Test Planning, Test Execution, Processes
· In collaboration with the Product Owner / Development Team, review development requirements
to understand the business case, and produce Acceptance Criteria, Test Estimates, Test plans and
· Execute and document the results of Test Plans, providing necessary feedback to the Development
Team, including data scientists, developers, and the Product Owner.
· Critically evaluate testing processes to ensure efficiency, avoid regressions, and pre-empt incidents.
· Work with the development team to maintain high standards and low rework levels.
· Act as a gatekeeper for release, and co-ordinate with the Product Owner to ensure a smooth
· Coordinating with DevOps and manage deployment of release as per the defined schedule.
· Track progress and find any issues. Always work to improve the process of release.
Functional relationships with:
· Data Scientists / Analysts
· DevOps engineer
· Support Specialists
· Product Owner
· Engineering Manager
· A variety of development teams within the global Vista organisation
· Strong expertise in decomposing product requirements and designing test scenarios, experience in analysing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items.
· Experience in complex functional testing.
· 3+ years of experience in working with agile methodologies.
· Experience in setting up quality assurance processes for APIs and / or ML models.
· Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders from management to technical staff and sometimes to customers.
Cinema Support Engineer
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Assist customers with performance problems that arise during the installation and operation of Dolby products.
Provide support through multiple channels (Phone, Email, Chat, and Portal) to dealers, integrators, end customers, and field technical teams using Dolby products with a diplomatic, professional, and service-oriented approach until they’ve solved a technical issue.
Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
Properly gather information and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g., product management, engineering, or another team).
Provide prompt and accurate feedback and updates to customers.
Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions.
Ensure all issues are properly logged using internal case handling and communication systems following established procedures, specifications, and guidelines.
Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
Promote and maintain the quality and value associated with the Dolby brand by ensuring customer satisfaction in every transaction.
Utilizing established systems, maintain accurate records of customer communications, and support activities.
Deliver training to customers, field technical teams, and other internal staff on Dolby technologies and products.
Provide technical sales assistance to our customers by helping them understand the features of Dolby Products leading to successful sales of our products.
Work with other team members on the creation, review, and maintenance of Dolby’s support knowledgebase, technical documentation, and test materials.
Become a technical expert in specific areas related to Dolby’s products and cinema exhibition as a whole.
Contribute to the recruitment, training, and development of other team members.
Minimum of 5 years of Tech Support work experience or 2 years, with a BS's degree.
Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role.
Must be customer service oriented and believe in collaboration, adaptability, transparency, and teamwork.
Able to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
Excellent written and verbal English communications skills and ability to work with both internal and external customers with a wide range of knowledge and skill levels.
Full spec: https://careers.dolby.com/job/London-Cinema-Support-Engineer/743837700/
London or Los Angeles or Remote Optional
Up to £45,000
Business Development Manager
We are looking for someone to lead the charge in bringing on board new clients with a passion for closing deals. Ideally, you will have experience selling into the movie industry, specifically to film studios and distributors on an international scale.
● Work with senior management to formulate a sales plan
● Get to know deeply the client’s and industry needs and how the usheru
solution can improve their business
● Manage a sales pipeline with a clear goal to progress leads through to
● Be passionate about closing deals
● Be confident at doing online product demonstrations and meeting people at
● Actively feed into the product and technology teams feedback from clients in
relation to product enhancements
● Support the Head of Client Success with client requests from your portfolio going forward
● Upsell portfolio clients where possible
● Be comfortable evangelising about usheru
Full job spec - https://www.usheru.com/page/teamandjobs
Embedded Software Engineer, Cinema Technology
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Qualifications and personal skills
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineer / Computer Science, or equivalent.
2-5 years post-baccalaureate industry work experience.
Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
Development of embedded software in C/C++ in Linux environment.
Good knowledge of Unix (Linux) operating system.
Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
Very good verbal and written English skills.
Curious and motivated, you have ability to rapidly learn new skills.
Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to your peers, individuals or groups.
Nice to have
A proven record of delivering quality embedded software products.
Use of embedded software development tools such as cross-compilers, toolchains, static code analysis, profiling.
Knowledge of Android or iOS.
Familiarity with integrated environments like Yocto or Buildroot.
Knowledge of security concepts, for example digital signatures, certificates and encryption.
Knowledge of computer networking e.g. protocols, layers, configuration, troubleshooting.
Experience working with node.js.
Work that you have done on your own initiative, such as developing your own products or contributing to open source projects.
Senior QA Engineer, Cinema Technology
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Test planning including creating test design and test cases specifications
Coordinating and leading QA activities of small teams (1-3 people)
Reporting test progress and test completion using appropriate metrics
Executing manual and automated test cases
Reporting issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues
Setting up, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining software and hardware test environments
Staying abreast of industry systems testing tools and best practices, promoting them and improving existing tools and processes
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Professional experience in Software Quality Assurance including creation of Test Plans, Test Design and Test Cases specifications, Test Reports
Experience with SQA industry tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla) and best practices
Experience with test execution covering functional, performance, negative, stress and load testing
Experience with versioning systems like Perforce, Git, SVN
Experience in scripting in Python, Bash, Windows Batch Scripting or similar
Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems and command line interfaces
Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques
Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment
Very good oral and written communication
Excellent time management, organizational skills and a thorough approach to problem solving
Ability to cooperate with international teams in various time zones (incl. US West Coast)
Nice to have:
General embedded systems knowledge
Practical knowledge of pytest framework
General knowledge of digital audio and video signal processing
A genuine interest in audio and video entertainment technologies