Latest Industry Jobs
£11-£12.30p/h dependent on experience (up to 36 hours a week) - equivalent to £23-25k per year pro rata
Head Projectionist and Site Manager
The Ultimate Picture Palace
We are seeking a dedicated and organised Head Projectionist and Site Manager to coordinate the smooth running of the cinema projection room, including preparation of digital projection, and premises. You will work closely with the Executive Director to maintain health and safety standards, and duty manage on regular shifts.
The Head Projectionist and Site Manager is responsible for
- Coordinating the smooth daily running of all cinema operations and visitor services
- Securing delivery of films and organise weekly ingesting/uploading, previewing and screening
- Managing bar including ordering stock, displaying products and stock checks
- Coordinating the annual building maintenance checks, including PA and AV equipment
Most of our films are now projected digitally, but we also use a 35mm projector for some classic screenings.
The post holder will also duty manage on regular weekly shifts in which they will project the film, sell tickets at the box office, supervise volunteer staff and provide the highest level of customer care and service for our audiences.
ABOUT THE UPP
The Ultimate Picture Palace is Oxford’s oldest and only independent cinema. We are a small one screen cinema situated in the heart of East Oxford. Our iconic cinema has been treasured by generations of Oxford residents, students and tourists. We are proud to have a loyal audience that loves the films we chose as part of our programme and the warm welcome of our small team of staff and volunteers. We prioritise screening independent films from the UK and around the world, well-known and off-beat classic films, as well as themed special events with guest speakers.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
If you are interested in applying for this position you will find the full job description, extra information and application form on our website: http://www.uppcinema.com/news/article/job-vacancy-head-projectionist-site-manager
Please DO NOT include your CV as it will not be considered. Please put all relevant information on your application form.
The closing date for all applicants is: 5pm on Sunday 4th July 2021.
We will contact all long-listed candidates by: 5pm on Monday 5th July 2021.
We will then hold interviews on Wednesday 7th July 2021. The start date for the role will be week commencing 9th August 2021.
All interviews will be on Zoom.
Cape Town, South Africa
You will join our dynamic Vista Africa team based in the Waterfront, Cape Town where you will
get involved in programming, installation and configuration of software, business analysis,
problem solving customer liaison, training and international travel.
The role is fast paced and exciting. You will be working within a small team and dealing with
senior stakeholders at major cinema chains across Africa.
Installation and Training of Vista Software
• Installation and configuration of the Vista system on sites within Africa
• Training cinema, head office and IT staff
• Windows / network / hardware configuration
• Software problem solving
• Using SQL statements to assist
• Interpreting error logs
• Recording support calls into our issue tracking system
• Adjusting conversation for all levels of users
• Carrying a mobile phone to answer urgent after hours support calls on a roster basis
• Testing software prior to live.
• Assist in documenting practices.
You will need
• A University degree in an IT / Computer / Engineering related field (with excellent grades)
• Relevant, demonstrable experience in the industry.
• Experience with databases and SQL queries
• Knowledge of software development concepts
• Some technical experience with advanced aspects of windows – DHCP, DNS, IIS, AD, network
If you are a fast learner with excellent problem solving ability and a can-do attitude, you will excel
in this position. You will need fantastic communication skills and the drive and motivation to
deliver first-rate service to our customers. Your attention to detail and initiative as well as your
ability to work on several tasks simultaneously, whilst meeting deadlines, will be your key to
success in this role.
You will have the right to live and work in South Africa and will hold a current passport, or be able
to obtain a passport when necessary for overseas travel.
Part Time Tier 1 Technician
We are looking for an intelligent, computer savvy, people person to join our fun and friendly team. The position may require occasional night and weekend support. The main responsibilities for this position are to handle all internal processing of our products including testing, maintenance, repair and production of the company products.
The ideal candidate will be reliable, have great communication skills, 3-5 years’ experience troubleshooting computer software and hardware, 3-5 years experience in a customer service role and has a can-do attitude.
**position may increase to full-time hours in the future.
- Follow detailed hardware and software testing procedures for quality assurance.
- Perform manufacturing production of our products.
- Testing and repair of Intel/Linux-based servers and related hardware.
- Visit customer sites for training, periodic upgrades and maintenance.
- Assist the Logistics department with preparing shipments, some heavy lifting required.
- Help create and maintain inventories.
- Assist with processing incoming parts orders from customers and satellite offices.
- Provide general assistance to the Tech and Logistics departments as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately communicate technical information.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Fast learner with a keen aptitude for technology
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Some Linux is a plus
The main objective of the Engineering QA is to ensure that Vista software has a high level of quality,
via both manual testing and continuous involvement in (and improvement to) the teams Agile
We are extremely interested in candidates who demonstrate excitement for leadership and Scrum
Mastery. Though this role will not initially require those skills, you will be given strong opportunities
to grow in these areas.
You will play a key part in the development of a global cloud AI product which predicts the demand
of upcoming movie blockbusters and decides the daily movie schedule of major cinemas around the
world. You will actively contribute to building Machine Learning models and a data culture together
with our data scientists.
Test Planning, Test Execution, Processes
· In collaboration with the Product Owner / Development Team, review development requirements
to understand the business case, and produce Acceptance Criteria, Test Estimates, Test plans and
· Execute and document the results of Test Plans, providing necessary feedback to the Development
Team, including data scientists, developers, and the Product Owner.
· Critically evaluate testing processes to ensure efficiency, avoid regressions, and pre-empt incidents.
· Work with the development team to maintain high standards and low rework levels.
· Act as a gatekeeper for release, and co-ordinate with the Product Owner to ensure a smooth
· Coordinating with DevOps and manage deployment of release as per the defined schedule.
· Track progress and find any issues. Always work to improve the process of release.
Functional relationships with:
· Data Scientists / Analysts
· DevOps engineer
· Support Specialists
· Product Owner
· Engineering Manager
· A variety of development teams within the global Vista organisation
· Strong expertise in decomposing product requirements and designing test scenarios, experience in analysing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items.
· Experience in complex functional testing.
· 3+ years of experience in working with agile methodologies.
· Experience in setting up quality assurance processes for APIs and / or ML models.
· Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders from management to technical staff and sometimes to customers.
Cinema Support Engineer
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Assist customers with performance problems that arise during the installation and operation of Dolby products.
Provide support through multiple channels (Phone, Email, Chat, and Portal) to dealers, integrators, end customers, and field technical teams using Dolby products with a diplomatic, professional, and service-oriented approach until they’ve solved a technical issue.
Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
Properly gather information and escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g., product management, engineering, or another team).
Provide prompt and accurate feedback and updates to customers.
Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate solutions.
Ensure all issues are properly logged using internal case handling and communication systems following established procedures, specifications, and guidelines.
Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
Promote and maintain the quality and value associated with the Dolby brand by ensuring customer satisfaction in every transaction.
Utilizing established systems, maintain accurate records of customer communications, and support activities.
Deliver training to customers, field technical teams, and other internal staff on Dolby technologies and products.
Provide technical sales assistance to our customers by helping them understand the features of Dolby Products leading to successful sales of our products.
Work with other team members on the creation, review, and maintenance of Dolby’s support knowledgebase, technical documentation, and test materials.
Become a technical expert in specific areas related to Dolby’s products and cinema exhibition as a whole.
Contribute to the recruitment, training, and development of other team members.
Minimum of 5 years of Tech Support work experience or 2 years, with a BS's degree.
Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role.
Must be customer service oriented and believe in collaboration, adaptability, transparency, and teamwork.
Able to work independently to achieve goals established in a team environment.
Excellent written and verbal English communications skills and ability to work with both internal and external customers with a wide range of knowledge and skill levels.
Full spec: https://careers.dolby.com/job/London-Cinema-Support-Engineer/743837700/
London or Los Angeles or Remote Optional
Up to £45,000
Business Development Manager
We are looking for someone to lead the charge in bringing on board new clients with a passion for closing deals. Ideally, you will have experience selling into the movie industry, specifically to film studios and distributors on an international scale.
● Work with senior management to formulate a sales plan
● Get to know deeply the client’s and industry needs and how the usheru
solution can improve their business
● Manage a sales pipeline with a clear goal to progress leads through to
● Be passionate about closing deals
● Be confident at doing online product demonstrations and meeting people at
● Actively feed into the product and technology teams feedback from clients in
relation to product enhancements
● Support the Head of Client Success with client requests from your portfolio going forward
● Upsell portfolio clients where possible
● Be comfortable evangelising about usheru
Full job spec - https://www.usheru.com/page/teamandjobs
Embedded Software Engineer, Cinema Technology
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Qualifications and personal skills
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineer / Computer Science, or equivalent.
2-5 years post-baccalaureate industry work experience.
Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
Development of embedded software in C/C++ in Linux environment.
Good knowledge of Unix (Linux) operating system.
Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and Bash.
Very good verbal and written English skills.
Curious and motivated, you have ability to rapidly learn new skills.
Ability to have a positive impact on others and communicate openly and directly to your peers, individuals or groups.
Nice to have
A proven record of delivering quality embedded software products.
Use of embedded software development tools such as cross-compilers, toolchains, static code analysis, profiling.
Knowledge of Android or iOS.
Familiarity with integrated environments like Yocto or Buildroot.
Knowledge of security concepts, for example digital signatures, certificates and encryption.
Knowledge of computer networking e.g. protocols, layers, configuration, troubleshooting.
Experience working with node.js.
Work that you have done on your own initiative, such as developing your own products or contributing to open source projects.
Senior QA Engineer, Cinema Technology
Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Test planning including creating test design and test cases specifications
Coordinating and leading QA activities of small teams (1-3 people)
Reporting test progress and test completion using appropriate metrics
Executing manual and automated test cases
Reporting issues through a formal bug tracking system and work with the engineering team to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues
Setting up, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining software and hardware test environments
Staying abreast of industry systems testing tools and best practices, promoting them and improving existing tools and processes
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or Electronics Engineering or equivalent
Professional experience in Software Quality Assurance including creation of Test Plans, Test Design and Test Cases specifications, Test Reports
Experience with SQA industry tools (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla) and best practices
Experience with test execution covering functional, performance, negative, stress and load testing
Experience with versioning systems like Perforce, Git, SVN
Experience in scripting in Python, Bash, Windows Batch Scripting or similar
Experience with Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems and command line interfaces
Demonstrated skills in multiple test design techniques
Ability to achieve results, meet deadlines and adjust to quickly changing priorities in a fast-paced engineering environment
Very good oral and written communication
Excellent time management, organizational skills and a thorough approach to problem solving
Ability to cooperate with international teams in various time zones (incl. US West Coast)
Nice to have:
General embedded systems knowledge
Practical knowledge of pytest framework
General knowledge of digital audio and video signal processing
A genuine interest in audio and video entertainment technologies